Nobody has had an answer for why people with addictions continue to repeat them -- until now.
For more than twenty years, distinguished psychiatrist Dr. Lance Dodes has been successfully helping people master their addictions -- alcoholism, compulsive gambling, smoking, sexual addiction, and more with a radical approach. Dr. Dodes describes how all addictions have, at their heart, unrecognized emotional factors that explain:
- Why we feel the impulse
- Why we feel it when we do
- What alternatives (really) work in that critical moment
In this refreshing book filled with compelling case studies, Dr. Dodes debunks several such widely accepted myths as:
- Addictions are fundamentally a physical problem.
- People with addictions are different from other people.
- You have to hit bottom before you can get well.
- You are wasting your time if you ask why you have an addiction.
William Morrow & CompanyPublished:
8.02h x 5.31w x 0.69d